Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mens’ Night nudity…but not the fun kind

One of the great things about Mens’ Night starting in April, is we get to play so many times before summer officially begins.  However, one of the worst things about Mens’ Night starting in April is we get to play so many times before summer vacation begins.You see, I forgot that when you are not on vacation, the day after Mens’ Night is a work day. In the summer, it isn’t an issue. You can stay up late playing cards and visiting, head home, and sleep until you are rested. The challenge now is going home for six hours sleep (at best) and getting ready for a day at the office.

I noticed that I was getting tired this week during a game of Texas Hold’Em.  As I was dealing, someone asked me what I was doing.  I couldn’t understand what they were talking about so I asked them. I was informed that I dealt the flop before dealing anyone their required two cards.  I then handed the cards to the gentleman to my right, stood up, and said goodnight.  And that was only at 11:00 pm.

Maybe my lethargy can be attributed to the fact that I am getting old…but older guys seem to thrive in these circumstances. I wish I were like some of the other guys, hardened through years of late night partying and alcohol abuse.  Sure, I’ll probably live longer…but right now I envy them.

The one positive thing that came out of it was the next morning.  My wife asked me how Mens’ Night was and I said it was “fun”, before explaining how tired I was.  She then inexplicably suggested that sometime in the future I should stay out late and take a vacation day on the subsequent Thursday.  I am not sure why she would make such a suggestion, other than the fact that it is Mothers’ Day this weekend.  I am assuming she wants something big.  My only regret is I did not tape record her saying what she said.

Wait, this isn’t my personal diary…I am supposed to be writing stuff about the golf.  I probably should apologize for my selfishness and try to move forward.

Let me see, I had closest to the hole on #5.  No wait, that’s still talking about me.  How about I mention that Neuf was closest on #9?  His tee shot early in the evening to about 45 feet held up on a windy night in which almost no one else found the green.

Five skins were won – Austin and Brad ($32.50 on #1), Chris K. and Jason Hunter ($32.50 on #7), Blake Cramer and Butch ($42.50 on #9), and Wes and Robin doubling up ($20 on #2, $65.50 on 8).

In terms of evening news, there isn’t much to report because there wasn’t much that seemed to happen.  We had 20 golfers…who for the most part kept a low profile.  There was a report of Chris and Milt going into the woods together followed by Chris coming out with his pants down.  I will allow you to paint your own mental images of that one. It was the first incident of nudity around the golf course since the weekend, when a streaker was seen on the highway just past the fourth tee box.  Apparently, you can move faster when unencumbered by the restraints of long pants.

In other news, Blake said something to me driving up the fairway on #3.  As soon as the words left his lips, he said, “If you put that on the blog I will really kill you”.  So I am not going to mention it…given that Blake knocks people out in hockey dressing rooms with short rabbit punches. 

Sorry about talking about myself so much at the start of this entry.  Have a good weekend and see you next Wednesday.

Oh wait…did I mention that I missed the three foot birdie on #5 for the deuce pot…?

2 comments:

  1. Good blog, little Blake has the belt now ...I retired after "the clubhouse lawn bout " vbh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmfao .... Give me my drink

    ReplyDelete