Friday, May 25, 2012

Deuce, deuce, deuce...

In case you didn't notice, I wasn't at Mens' Night this week.  I was at a meeting for our school division's transportation review.  Good meeting...over 100 people in attendance.  I am assuming that the guys who golfed didn't know about it.

In the past, when I missed the golf I would fabricate portions of the news portion of the blog.  Given that I often stretch the truth a bit even when I am present, I thought I would try something different.  What follows is the truth...and nothing but the truth...in so much as it is the truth, as reported to me by others.  Like you, I implicitly trust all male golfers, so you may assume everything that was passed on to me is 100% factual.

There were 37 golfers...a new high for our season to date.  The spike in attendance was likely due to many of our farm friends completing their seeding.  The club welcomed some new faces to this year's season, including Ken Stewart, Dale Martin, Gary Kurtz, Dale Newton, Sport, and Terry McTavish.  The newcomers faired quite well, with Mr. McTavish getting closest on #9 and combining with Ron Susinski to pick up a $35.00 skin on the same hole.  Dale Newton won a $35.00 skin on #1 with Mike Susinski, while Sport cashed in for $35.00 on #7 with Mike McLennan.  The other closest to the hole was recorded by Blake Cramer on #5. 

Three guys split the $57 deuce pot including Mr. McTavish, Austin Hunter, and Scottie Maynes who got his 2 on the par 4 second hole.  Scott's two helped him to go down to -3 on the ringer board to tie leader Chris Kimpinski.

There was some low scoring with five guys carding sub 40 rounds, led by Scott Maynes with a 35.  Robin Kimpinski had a 38 and three guys had 39's (Jamie McCutchins, Dale Martin, and Mike McLennan.  It was also a big night for Blake Hunter who posted his first sub 50 round of the year.  I am guessing he will say that he plays better when I am absent.

Hopefully, I will see many of you at the Lions' Club tournament tomorrow.  It may get as high as a balmy 13 Celsius!

By the way, if you are interested in more information regarding the transportation review you may check the Park West School Division website.

No comments:

Post a Comment