Friday, July 5, 2019

Golf and the sleep cycle


Image result for wake up too early
Golf makes me wake up early.  I was up at 5:00 am today, partly because of my dog, but mainly due to the Fundraising tournament at 12:30 pm.  Like most golfers, I require 7.5 hours to get ready.  At age 50 you can't simply roll out of bed and hit golf balls.

I wake early on Wednesdays because it is Men's Night.  I wake up early when I am going somewhere to golf or when I am going to buy new golf clubs.  I have also set my alarm to watch the British Open before the sun rises in Manitoba.

The occasions in which I went on golf trips are an exception.  I don't wake up early.  This relates to the fact that I almost don't sleep the night before and waking up early requires previous sleep.

Since I am already up, I might as well quickly do the Men's Night recap.  Usually, after writing my weekly entry, I send group texts to tell people the blog has been updated.  I will wait until after 8:00 am to do that so I don't wake anyone with the text notification.  Just because I am up early doesn't mean others need to be as well.

This past Wednesday was airplane night at the golf course...due to the seven 47's.  That represented almost 20% of the 39 scores entered.

Skins went on two holes.  Chris Kimpinski and Kory Stebeleski both birdied #1 to claim $36 while Mike Zenchyshyn and Ron Huberdeau combined for two pars to win $116.63 on #5.

Closest to the pins were Dale Martin on #5 and Phil Ostash on #9.  Neither converted their birdies which opened the door for Jason Hunter to claim the $58.50 deuce pot when he eagled #2.  Jason also had the low round for the evening with a 37.  He celebrated by keeping his group out until 9:30 pm without turning in their scorecards.

We were short $10 for the entry fee.  If you or someone you loved forgot to pay, you can add it to the pot next week.  If someone you know intentionally skipped paying, you may report them at 1-800-CHEAPO.  All calls will be kept anonymous unless required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment