Saturday, June 15, 2013

Moving Day

Saturday is traditionally moving day in PGA tournaments. In today's action at the US Open, Hunter Mahan moved into second place with his second consecutive 69, while Rory and Tiger played their way out of contention with their afternoon struggles.

Saturday was also moving day for me. After breakfast at the hotel and some yard sale visits, I spent the day packing and moving things to my new house. The big item portion of the move is tomorrow...which is Father's Day and the final day of a golf major. I know some of you Dads will be golfing. I will wave to you from my house. I know others will be watching the US Open. My satellite and internet isn't hooked up yet. I will be checking golf updates on my phone. On a positive note, while packing I found two important golf related items. Firstly, there was a dozen new Titleists that I must have received for Christmas and forgot about along the way. Secondly, I found my Drink Caddy, which I will bring to Mens' Night this week.

I missed this past week but Scottie Maynes and Jason Gorrell made sure everything ran smoothly in my absence. Twenty-eight golfers battled it out with several cashing in for skins. The winners included Pete Ostash / Devin Allen ($29.00 on #1), Jim Geekie and Barry Kurtz ($29.00 on #5), and Dan Stokes / Austin Hunter ($29.00 on #7).  Luke Funk and Jason Hunter were double winners, getting $55.00 on #3 and $20.00 on #6.  

Closest to the pins for the evening were Mike Susinski on #5 and Brad Benton on #9. Brad converted his putt for the only deuce on the night, earning $40.50 for his efforts.

The ringer board sheet was not in the box. I assume it is still on the board. You will therefore have to wait until next week for the update.

Normally I would write more...but it is getting late and I am a bit played out. Enjoy your Sunday, whatever your plans might be. See you in four more sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment