Monday, August 20, 2018

I miss golf

Some say that the sign of a good summer is that you have been busy and travelling a bit.  By that mark I guess it has been a good one.  However, as the result of being busy I have missed five Men's Nights including last week.  I am definitely looking forward to getting back this week.

It isn't just missing golf that gets me...it's missing Men's Night.  I don't think I am exaggerating when I say that Wednesday is my favourite day of the week from May to September.  I know that there are others who share this sentiment.  It is always fun to get out with the boys and hit some balls, have a few drinks, and share some laughs.

Fortunately I have only been missing golf because of other fun summer activities.  There are others who have been prevented from playing because of doctor's orders, or farming, or because they are building cabins.

There were 24 golfers who didn't miss golf last Wednesday. Skins went on two holes.  Winners included Charles Blackbird / Dion Brandon ($84.38 on #1) and Derek Patterson / Scott Maynes ($84.38 on #4).

Closest to the pins were Mike Zenchyshyn on #5 and Derek Patterson on #9.  The $45.00 deuce pot was split between Dion Brandon and Chris Malchuk.

Finally best of luck to our Men's Night brethern who are involved in the Tamarack Golf Tournament in Clear Lake.  They include Darcy Kowalchuk, Jim Geekie, Bob Moffatt, Sonny Blackbird, Wes Arnfinson, Keith Martin, and Dale Watson.

No comments:

Post a Comment