Friday, July 8, 2016

The Ace Has Been Caught


I thought I would be writing about some guy in a blue shirt and his hole-in-one. Instead I will start with a shout-out to Robin Kimpinski, who had his number picked and then found that elusive ace-of-spades. His prize was 50% of the pot which gave him $2119. Being the nice guy that he is, he promptly bought everyone a round...before buying Dan another drink because I drank his.

I am writing this fairly quickly after Mens' Night...and fairly early in the morning. I could have done it two hours ago when I first awoke. I have this medical condition that causes me to wake up really early on golf days. One morning on a recent golf trip I got up at 4:18 am. Today is the Fundraiser tournament which is a lot of fun...so I woke early. On a positive note, I have already eaten and cleaned my golf cart.

There were 30 golfers on Wednesday with several of them winning prizes. While none were as big as the Chase the Ace, there still were some good wins.

Skins fell on all but two holes. Winners included Brad Lucy / Joel Ostash ($20 on #1 and $31.50 on #6), Robbie Eastcott / Charlie McNabb ($31.50 on #3), Austin Hunter / Jason Gorrell ($20 on #5 and $47.00 on #7), Blake Hunter / Chris Kimpinski ($75 on #8), and Stephen David / Kyler Demond ($47 on #9).

Blake's win pushed him to $176.13 on the money list which is about $100 more than the five guys closest to him. Last year Jason Gorrell had won $205.50 at this point enroute to setting the single season money record of $351.50.

Robin had the only deuce of the evening for sole possession of the $45 pot. Closest to the pins were Blake Cramer on #5 and Jason Hunter on #9.

That's it for this week. I have to head down to the course soon to help with the set-up for the tournament. Enjoy your day and your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment