Sunday, July 17, 2016

Missing Golf

I don't miss Mens' Night very often...maybe once per year on average. I usually am among the diehards that are never away, no matter the reasons or conditions. However, I have already been absent three times this year. Once was for a family function, another time I was on a golf trip, and this past week I was camping. I enjoyed each of these things immensely...but each of those Wednesday's I was away, at around 6:30 pm, I wished I was back in Shoal Lake.

Part of the reason I hate to miss is I hate to miss anything. It always seems on those rare occasions during which I am away something noteworthy occurs.

This past week was no exception. The threat of rain seemed to scare off almost everyone with only 16 golfers making an appearance. Low numbers bode well for skins and Jamie McCutchin and Brad Benton took advantage winning three holes. Their collective wins on #2, 4, and 6 won them $130.

Skins went on three other holes. Winners included Dale Martin / Ron Susinski ($20 on #1), Scott Martin / Lyle Wilson ($20 on #5), and Kevin Bartram / Jason Hunter ($20 on #7).

Scott Maynes had a hot hand on the par 3's with closest to the holes on both. He converted both birdies for 2/3 of the deuce pot. Dale Martin scored the other two for the final 1/3 share.

Scott's two birdies vaulted him into the lead on the ringer board with a score of -6. Brad Benton moved up one spot to -5 to tie for second place with Scott Martin.

For any fairweather golfers, the forecast looks incredible for Wednesday. Hopefully 30 Celsius and sunny can help us boost our numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment