Friday, July 4, 2014

I'm So Excited

This will be my quickest turn around on the blog post this year. Usually I don’t complete my weekly entry until Saturday or Sunday morning. But I am up early. It is the day of the fundraiser tournament. I am excited. I already cleaned my golf cart and I have a few hours before I need to go to the course to help with the final set-up.

I think I have some form of medical condition related to golf excitability. I didn’t go to bed until 1:30 am last night…most likely because of the tournament today.  It is fair to say I get a bit wound up every Wednesday morning because Mens’ Night is later the same day.

I know that this past Wednesday excited me because we had a season high of 37 golfers. I also was very happy that we got to play given the wet conditions and the fact that the course had been closed two days previously. I have to be careful not to slip back into a discussion about the weather. Let me simply say that there was a lot of water on the course and water in places where we have not seen water in the past.

Despite the general sogginess it appeared to be a really good evening of golf. There were some low scores and good play by many people, particularly a few visitors who were making their first appearances of the year.

Six first timers left with cash in their pocket. On his first night, Phil Ostash won $84 on his own for a skin on #6 because he was paired with the dummy card. Derek Ketcheson’s first visit saw him split a skin on #1 for $31.50 with Carey Findlay and then win the deuce pot of $137. Derek’s two was noteworthy in that it occurred on the par 4 first hole. Finally, on his first trip to Mens’ Night for the season, Jason Wowryk carded a solid 37. I actually had the please of playing with Mr. Wowryk about 12 years ago when he scorched the course for a 31 and did not win a single skin.

Skins were dropping all over the place with six holes paying. In addition to the two mentioned above, four more holes were won. Brad Swereda and Joel Ostash won $31.50 on #2, Wes and Gorrell got $73.00 on #3, Neuf and Luke paired for $20 on #4, and Jaime McCutchin and Darcy Kowalchuk got $20 for #9.

Closest to the pins were Dan Stokes on #5 and Brad Swereda on #9.

Well….that’s it for this week. If I don’t see you at the course today, have a good day and enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment