Sunday, September 2, 2012

Here's to the ladies!


On Friday evening at the nine and dine, a female golfer told me that she liked my blog about the farmers. I appreciated the kind words but then I became slightly rattled. I realized that females were reading my posts...and I felt badly that I have not been catering more to that segment of the golfing population. So...to honour our better halves...this blog is dedicated to the ladies who golf and who allow their husbands and boyfriends to come out to mens' night.

Where to begin? Mrs. Eastcott's son Robbie was closest to the pin on both par 3's and converted both putts for deuces. I bet she is very proud of him. Tina Maynes' husband Scott also had a two, as did Mrs. Juce's son Michael and Mrs. Anderson's husband Ron. The five would have split a $69.50 deuce pot had they not generously donated it back for next week.

Tracy Kimpinski's significant other Robin had a fine night on Wednesday...winning three skins on his own. Robin paired with the dummy card to win $212 in total, the largest single haul in mens' night history. Of course, my sense of history only goes back twelve years, so I apologize to anyone who did better before 2001. Robin won $65 on #3, $20 on #4, and $127 on #6 to catapult him to the top of the money list.

The dummy card is used when we have an odd number of golfers. The middle score card goes with the low pot, and a copy of it goes to the high pot. This is the first time anyone has found cash with the dummy card. On other occasions, people have won skins with dummies, but in those instances the dummies have been actual people such as myself. Robin has Karen Juce's husband Dave to thank for contributing to the dummy card.

The other skins were won by the Eastcott and Maynes boys who won $20 on #5 and $84 on #9. I am sure they dedicated their victory to their moms.

For those ladies who might these columns, I thought I would give you a bit of perspective from the golf world to help you appreciate your men a little bit more. In golf, a below par performance is considered really good...so feel free to take that same approach when you deal with us at home.

With the shortening days, we have decided to roll back the start time this coming week to 6:00 pm. Spread the word. By the way, this will be our 20th mens' night of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment