Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One More Sleep!

Usually, I only do one post a week...but I have decided an exception is appropriate given the circumstances.  Due to various other commitments and inclement weather, I have only played one Mens' Night this year.  Tomorrow is my first time playing in over a month.  I am excited.

To give you some perspective, I feel the way Milt does on Christmas Eve.  Like Milt in December, I worry I may not be able to sleep tonight.  I can now understand the way that Dennis felt the day before the golf club auction in April.  That feeling that Neuf gets when a girl talks to him...that is sort of what I am experiencing about Mens' Night tomorrow.

In anticipation for some good weather, I even adapted the sign-up sheet.  Up to this point, it had space for 32 names.  Now it has room for 50.  Last year, we had a three-week run where we were getting 45 golfers for Mens' Night.  It would be cool if we could crack 50 once.  Tell your friends who don't golf much to come out tomorrow.  Invite your neighbour who just moved in next door.  Call some guy from a nearby town and tell him the skins are building up.  Imagine the strories you could tell your grandchildren...about that evening back in 2011 when there were over 50 golfers at Mens' Night in Shoal Lake.  It's not simply about the golf, it is about deciding what kind of legacy you want to leave for your children's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment