Saturday, July 16, 2011

Better Late Than Never

So it is late Saturday evening, and I am just getting around to updating the blog. Sorry about that. I was camping in Virden all week and only came back for Mens' Night. When I returned home today, it was really nice out and I went golfing. Also, I made plans for more golf tomorrow morning, so I need to get this done now. This sounds like one of those lame Facebook status updates, so I will stop before I describe where I was this evening, what I am wearing, and what my likes and dislikes are.

Back to the important business of Mens' Night. This past Wednesday we had 34 golfers. There was a mixture of some good golf, some bad golf, and a little bit of everything in between. For example, Cody Cornwall shot a 39...which was good. Also, all four golfers in one group scored an 8 on hole 4...which was bad. Lyle Wilson drained a 25 footer for birdie on 9 which earned him a $99 deuce pot...which was good. I was one of the previously mentioned golfers who scored an 8 on hole 4...which was bad.

Three skins went on Wednesday with Mikey and Randy Tully earning $20 on #1, Dale Martin and Ron Susinksi getting $20 on #2, and Cubby and Scott Maynes cashing in for $103 on #4. Closest to the pins were Wes on #5 and Sport on #9. Neither were able to convert relatively close putts to earn a share of the deuce pot.

In other news, field reporter Mike Susinski asked that I note two things in the blog. Firstly, he wanted me to mention that Wes Arnfinson played slowly all night and held his group up on a regular basis. This seems unlikely given how quickly Wes plays poker. Mike also related a story regarding Luke Funk. After boming a huge drive on eight, Luke had less success on his approach shot. Mike said that Luke appeared to become upset and threw his club further than his ball traveled.

We also had a British Open draft. Information about this is found on another link on this web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment