Sunday, August 14, 2022

Golf Records

People ask me if I am getting lots of golf this summer. My response is that I can't complain but I am nowhere near last year's total. In 2022, I played 2136 holes from April 2 to October 16. This morning I read that the world record for most holes played in a calendar year is 11,000 by a Dallas golfer named Richard Lewis in 2010. To put that in perspective, that is 611 eighteen-hole rounds or an average of 30 holes per day for 365 days straight.

Since I've mentioned one interesting statistic...here's another with a Canadian connection. The Guinness World record for most holes played in 24 hours was set by Robb James in Edmonton. In 2004, he played 851 holes in a single day.

There were 34 golfers this past Wednesday. That certainly wasn't a record but it was a good evening for scoring with seven players breaking 40. The low round was Reegan Kominko with a 35. As best as I can recall, the record for low round during Men's Night is likely 31. I know this because I haven't heard of anything lower...plus I played with the two guys the nights they scored the 31. It was Scott Maynes and Jason Wowryk on separate evenings a few years apart.

Skins went on three holes. Winners included Ashley Brandon/Kevin Bartram ($36.88 on #2), Dave Mansell/Joe Shwaluk ($36.88 on #5), ad Wes Arnfinson/Charlie McNabb ($148.14) on #6.

Closest to the pins were Kendal Koroscil on #5 and Dale Martin on #9. Dale converted his deuce to split the $110.62 deuce pot with Joe Shwaluk.

Remember that the final two weeks for the ringer board are August 17 and 24.

Thanks to Scott Maynes and Kendal Koroscil for taking care of scoring and prizes in my absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment