Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Sorry for being late

Image result for i wasn't there



I enjoy writing the blog and recapping Men's Night each week.  It isn't cutting edge journalism by any means but I try to do a good job.  I proofread and correct the spelling and grammatical mistakes that I notice. Usually my heart is in it and I knock it off early on Saturday morning.

There are two occasions in which my blog entries are a bit lacking.  Firstly, there are the weeks when I am away.  It's hard to write about things when I wasn't a witness to the things when they happened.  Secondly, long weekends can be a distraction for good reasons.  These two things converged this week.  I was in Winnipeg for a meeting and missed the golf.  Then May long weekend came.

So I am left to report the facts with the exception of one report from the field.  Brad Benton asked me to note that he scored an eagle on one after hitting a 3 wood onto to the green and converting the putt.  That was the only two of the evening earning him the $46.80 pot.

Skins went on three hole.  Winners included Austin Hunter / Peter Ostash ($20 on #2), Jason Neufeld / Phil Ostash ($20 on #3), and Robin Kimpinski / Theoren Hunter ($42 on #9).

Closest to the pins were Robin Kimpinski on #5 and Jamie McCutchin on #9.

Thanks to Neuf and Blake for taking care of things in my absence.  I will absolutely be there tomorrow.  It looks like a nice hot day...plus I hear that some of our farmer friends are wrapping up seeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment