Monday, July 3, 2017

Hello July

The picture above doesn't really relate to anything that I am writing about today.  I thought it was funny and appropriate given the experience of many golfers. Hopefully this week you hit a lot of fairways.

I am once again late to update the blog. Since Friday, I have been visiting the in-laws in Winnipegosis. Their internet is Xplorenet which is incredibly slow. With the whole family there, it was difficult enough to get texts and check emails.  I was also away last week. It seems that I am less attentive to the blog when I am away.

There were 31 golfers on Wednesday. Scott Maynes had a sizzling 34 which included one bogey.  He added three more birdies to the ringer board to take the lead with a -6.  He also split a $54.50 skin with Ken Ostash on #6.

Other skin winners included Robin Kimpinski / Kevin Bartram ($20 on #1), Colin Heier and Ron Anderson ($20 on #5), and Jason Gorrell / Bob Moffatt ($39.00 on #8).

Colin Heier had the only deuce and won $49.50 for his efforts.

Closest to the pins were Robby Eastcott on #5 and Dale Martin on #9.

This is a great week for golf. Tomorrow night is a Jack and Jill, Wednesday is Men's Night, and Friday is our Fundraiser Tournament. Have fun and play as well as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment