Sunday, September 13, 2015

No Guilt For Me

I didn't make it to Mens' Night last week. I heard it was pretty good for the 12 guys who played. I had a unbreakable commitment...my 15th wedding anniversary. Despite my wife's encouragement to play I just couldn't do it. She told me it was okay to golf on our anniversary. I just couldn't convince myself that it was.

Golf needs to be an enjoyable guilt-free experience. It just isn't the same if you try to play when you feel that you should be somewhere else. You can't be thinking about the work you are neglecting or those unfinished chores. You don't experience the same level of enjoyment if you wonder if your significant other resents your time on the course.

I am fortunate that I play a lot of guilt free golf. So I was happy to take a night off to celebrate my anniversary. Plus everyone has to miss the occasional Mens' Night.

For the 12 who did play, 6 won money this week. Skins went on 7 holes. This was unusual even for a low number of players.

The brothers Kimpinski (Robin and Chris) won four holes including $20 per hole for #1, 6, and 9 plus $59.50 for #4. Brad Benton and Wes Arnfinson teamed up for two skins, getting $20 for both #1 and 7. The final hole winners were Scott Martin and Jason Gorrell who earned $25.50 for their combined efforts on #3.

Ryan Merasty was closest to the pin on #9. None of the 12 golfers hit the green on #5. Also, there were no deuces.

We have not decided when Mens' Night will wrap up. It will be contingent on the weather and weekly turn out. Once we decide to end the season we will let you know.

For the record, I also can't play on Wednesday, September 9, 2020. That will be my 20th anniversary. Even though I will be absent, I hope that day five years from now is sunny and warm...and I hope all of the farmers are done their harvest early that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment